On August 30 and 31, the 27th edition of the JSE (Journée scientifique des étudiants/Student Scientific Day) took place at the Pavillon Ferdinand-Vandry at Université Laval. The objective of the JSE is to allow the student community to share the progress of their research work with all members of the Université Laval Cancer Research Center (CRC) and the Oncology Division of the CRCHUQc-UL, which contributes to strengthening the interdisciplinary and collaborative aspect of cancer research in Quebec. We would particularly like to thank our guest speaker, Dr. Nabil Seidah (Montreal Clinical Research Institute) for his inspiring conference and his participation in these two days. Different prizes for oral and poster presentations were awarded at the end of the JSE (click here for the complete list) as well as several CRC scholarship and prizes.
Luc-Bélanger distinction scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to a student who has distinguished himself by the quality of his academic record as well as by his contribution to societal advancement. This scholarship is made possible thanks to the contribution of the Fonds de cancérologie of Université Laval. This year, we had two tied candidates.
- Marie-Violaine Dubé Ponte (Geneviève Roch’s team)
- Aurélie Lacouture (Étienne Audet-Walsh’s team)
CRC Excellence Scholarships for Graduate Studies
CRC excellence scholarships are awarded to students who have distinguished themselves by the quality of their academic record. These scholarships are named in honor of our distinguished members. These scholarships were made possible thanks to the contribution of the Fonds de cancérologie of Université Laval.
- Cloé Giguère (Luc Beaulieu’s team) – Bernard Têtu Scholarship
- Raquel Espino Lopez (Marc-André Fortin’s team) – Alan Anderson Scholarship
- Louis Nonfoux (Jean-Yves Masson et Guy Poirier’s team) – Jacques Huot Scholarship
- Laurie Bisaillon (Josée Savard’s team) – Lise Fillion Scholarship
- Juliette Gouhier (François Bordeleau’s team) – Normand Marceau Scholarship
- Sadaf Valeh Sheida (Jean-Yves Masson’s team) – Jacques Landry Scholarship
- Ouafa Badre (Caroline Diorio’s team) – Michèle Aubin Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to the CRC summer intern who has distinguished themselves the most by the quality of their academic record. This scholarship is made possible thanks to the contribution of Fonds Didier-Dufour of Université Laval.
- Gabriel Thurber (François Bordeleau’s team)
CRC Excellence Scholarships for Postdoctoral Fellows
This scholarship is awarded to a postdoctoral fellow who has distinguished him/herself by the quality of his/her academic record. This scholarship is made possible thanks to the contribution of the Fonds de cancérologie of Université Laval.
- Pauline Adjibade (Rachid Mazroui’s team)
1st CRC popularization competition
The objective of the competition is to: 1) Promote the influence of research activities carried out at the CRC among the Université Laval University and the general public; 2) Support the dissemination of emerging research results and promote our members and 3) help establish and advance the careers of members and expand their research networks
- Cynthia Mbuya-Bienge (Hermann Nabi’s team)
- Naomie Linteau (Jean-Philippe Lambert’s team)
Special thanks to our interdisciplinary evaluation committee:
Jean Hamann, popularization expert, UL communications department
Josée Bissonnette, member of the public, primary school teacher
Damien Carignan, CRC research staff member
Gabrielle Fortin, researcher at the CRC and assistant professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences
Keep an eye on our website…the winning texts will be published there soon!!